Residential and Commercial Conveyancing
Civil Litigation
Business and Company/Commercial
Employment Law
Wills, Probate and Administration
Landlord and Tenant issues
Family matters

Acting for Seller


In relation to selling a property on behalf of a client our firm will advise the clients on the process of a conveyancing transaction.

On behalf of a client wishing to sell a property we will check the title of the property after having obtained the relevant documentary evidence. We will then prepare the draft contract and assemble the pre-contract package to send to the buyer’s solicitor.

(You should note that after the 1st August 2007 the law will change with regards to four bedroom homes. After this date the seller will have to prepare a Home Information Pack (HIPs). Our firm will prepare the HIPs on behalf of our client wishing to sell their property).

We will work with our client to answer any queries raised by the buyer’s solicitor before exchange of contracts, make arrangements to discharge the existing mortgage if there is one and explain the terms of the contract to the client.

Following exchange of contracts we will check the purchase deed and prepare to redeem the mortgage if there is one.

On completion we shall agree a time, place and method of completion with the seller’s solicitor.

Post-completion we shall contact the buyer’s solicitor (and estate agent, if one is appointed), send all the relevant documents to the buyer’s solicitor and deal with the proceeds of sale.

Should you wish to instruct Meadows and Moran please do not hesitate to contact us for a quote. If you are satisfied with the quote please read the brochure and terms of business, complete and return the sale only transaction information sheet and confirmation of instructions, the Seller’s Property Information Form (SPIF) and the schedule of Fixtures and Fittings Form.

If you are purchasing and selling a property please complete the Sale/Purchase instruction sheet along with the other forms.

However, if you are wishing to sell a leasehold property please fill in the Seller’s Leasehold Information Form instead of the SPIF form.

Should you require further information on buying and selling a property please click on the following A Guide to Buying and Selling a House.